Hot Cocoa Bonda
This recipe has been viewed 337 times
Bonda is a famous snack in South-India. I gave a continental touch to the country savoury. This recipe is a perfect evening snack with tea.
Tamarind and jaggery mixed in the batter gives it a sweet and tangy flavour and subtles the bitter tinge of cocoa powder.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped ginger, green chilli and cumin seeds. Saute for a minute.
- Add boiled potatoes, turmeric powder, carom seeds powder and salt. Mix this well and Saute on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Transfer this filling into a plate and allow it to cool for sometime.
- Then prepare medium sized balls from this mixture.
- In a deep bowl combine the cocoa powder, besan, baking soda, salt, red chilli powder, grated jaggery and tamarind pulp. Prepare a thick flowing batter by adding water little by little to this mixture.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai.
- Dip each ball in the batter and coat it well from all the sides and deep-fry a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn crispy.
- Serve hot with chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Abhinetri on 01 Feb 2017
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.