Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13295 times
A delicious soup best served piping hot in cold winters or chilling rains!
Add your private note
Horsegram Soup recipe - How to make Horsegram Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Clean and wash the horsegram.
- Combine the horsegram, tomatoes, tamarind water, ginger, jaggery and salt in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles or till the gram is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- In a tava, dry roast red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and garlic and blend in a mixer along with 2 tbsp cooked gram to a coarse powder.
- Transfer in a deep pan, add to the cooked gram along with the water and bring to boil.
- Pass through a sieve and garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by syamalalakshmi on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.