Horse Gram (kulith) Stuffed Bread Rolls
by Palak Rajput
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7080 times
Horse Gram (kulith) Stuffed Bread Rolls, tasty and spicy horse gram stuffing, stuffed in a bread and deep-fried.
- Wash and soak the horse gram in enough water overnight.
- Next day refresh the water and pressure cook in around 2 cups of water for 4 – 5 whistles.
- Strain the cooked horse gram and reserve the liquid.
- Grind the horse gram into a fine paste with little reserve water and salt.
- Make sure not to add extra water until necessary.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the peanuts and fry till golden brown.
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the green chilli and ginger paste, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the onions, and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ground horse gram paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, sesame seeds, coriander, dry mango powder and salt, mix well.
- Stuffing should be thick. (if needed add a spoon full of rice flour).
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Cut off the edges of the bread slices, soak in a water for 2 seconds, immediately remove and squeeze out the excess water.
- Take around 2 – 3 tbps of the horse gram stuffing and place it on the damp bread slice.
- Roll one side of the bread slice over the stuffing till the opposite side and pinch with wet fingers to seal the edges.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the rolls on medium flame till it turns to golden brown in colour from all the sides. Remove on absorbent paper.
- Repeat the same with remaining bread slices and the stuffing to make more rolls.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- Make sure not to over soak the sliced bread.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 21 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.