Honeyed Tofu and Pepper Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18450 times
Roll a la mediterranean! the specialty of this wrap is that it retains the original flavour of all the veggies. The secret ingredient that makes the recipe a sure-hit is the right use of honey marinated tofu to complement the smoky flavour of capsicum. So simple, and yet so fine, hope you enjoy this one as much as i enjoyed creating it!
- Combine all the ingredients, except the tofu, in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the tofu and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the capsicum pieces on it with the skin side down and cook till the skin blisters and turns black.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside covered with a damp kitchen towel for 5 minutes.
- Peel away the skin and cut each capsicum piece into thick strips. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the capsicum and baby corn, toss well and keep refrigerated to marinate for an hour.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and place 4 lemon honey marinated tofu pieces in a single row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange ¼th of the herb marinated capsicum and baby corn over the tofu.
- Finally spread 2 tbsp of sour cream over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.