Honey Mustard and Vegetable Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17302 times
You may not have ingredients like mustard paste, foot long bread and coloured capsicum at hand, but with a little planning you can create a truly appetizing vegetable sandwich. Honey, mustard paste and butter combine to make a very tasty and distinctively flavoured spread.
- Combine the honey, melted butter and mustard paste in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place each footlong bread on a dry, flat surface and cut into halves. You will get 4 pieces of 6” each. Cut each piece horizontally into 2.
- Apply a little prepared honey-mustard paste on each of the bread halves. Keep aside.
- Place the lower half of a bread piece on a clean, dry surface with the honey-mustard spread side facing upwards.
- Place two ice-berg lettuce, 6 tomato slices, 6 cucumber slices, ¼ cup coloured capsicum strips and 4 basil leaves over it. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Place an upper half of a bread piece with the honey-mustard spread facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per sandwich
|Vitamin A||627.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||32.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||20.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.