Honey Laced Baskets with Kulfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10886 times
This is a very versatile recipe - the baskets make a great addition to many desserts.
- Mix the flour, saunf and crushed black pepper together.
- Combine the butter, sugar and honey in a pan and heat on a slow flame, stirring continuously till the sugar melts.
- Cool a little, then add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Divide into 10 equal portions, roll into rounds.
- Put one portion of the mixture at a time in the centre of a greased tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 180°c (350°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool slightly. After 2 minutes, test to see if you can slip a palette knife under the rounds.
- Remove from the tray and place on top of an upturned tart mould or katori. Press lightly to shape it into a basket/cup. You can use a clean cloth to do this, as they need to be moulded while they are still hot. You can even roll these to make a cylinder.
- Repeat the procedure to make 9 more of these.
- Store in air-tight container.
- Assemble one basket in a wide margarita glass or a dessert plate and top with the kulfi. Drizzle some honey on top and serve garnished with pistachios.
- If the mixture becomes too runny or soft, freeze it for about 15 minutes and then proceed.
- In a large oven, you can make 2 to 4 cookies at a time.
- But ensure that the mixture is placed on the tray in such a way that there is a lot of room for expansion for each portion.
- If they join, cut them apart using a sharp knife.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.