by Rehana Khambaty
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3795 times
All time favourite mithai!
- Knead the chhana into a pliable dough, adding the 4 drops of rose essence and plain flour.
- When chhana leaves the sides of the dish, add sugar and knead lightly.
- Divide the paneer mixture in 35 pieces.
- Insert a piece of palm candy and a cardamom seed into the centre of each piece and roll in the palms to form balls.
- Heat sugar syrup till it comes to the boil.
- Add the chhana balls to the syrup ensuring that they do not touch each other.
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes, adding some hot water from time to time to present the sugar syrup from becoming too thick.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Transfer to bowl and serve with the syrup.
- Keeps for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 23 Jul 2012Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.