Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13233 times
A delicious medley of leftover crumbs or cakes with walnuts, rum , custard powder and milk in the hodge podge pudding makes it a lovely dessert recipe. Chill the pudding and enjoy it with chocolate shavings or chopped nuts as topping.
- Crumble the cake/biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add one tblsp rum and mix
- Mix the custard powder, cocoa powder, sugar, chocolate and milk and blend till smooth.
- Put over the fire and keep stirring to form a thick custard.
- Once the custard starts thickening, remove from fire and quickly add a little to the cake/biscuit mixture to moisten it. mix thoroughly.
- Empty the cake/biscuit mixture into a serving dish and flatten with a damp spatula.
- Pour the custard over this mixture and allow to set in the fridge.
- Garnish with chopped nuts/chocolate shavings and serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by dolly63 on 22 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.