High Protein Wheat Idli
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8760 times
Healthy,nutritious,innovative and different type of traditional idli recipe made from whole wheat rava from South Indian Kitchens.
- Wash and soak both the dals in lukewarm water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain, wash and grind to a smooth paste.
- Cover and keep aside overnight to ferment.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Meanwhile soak wheat rava in water for 1-2 hours.
- Drain the rava and add to dal batter.
- Add green chili, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Add some of the wheat soaking water if needed, to make batter of thick pouring consistency.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into greased idli moulds and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly and unmould the idlis.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice or sambhar.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 02 Apr 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.