High Fibre Dhokla
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5737 times
Dhoklas are very famous and popular snacks all over India which is Gujarati’s specialty and which is made from chana dal known as khaman dhokla and made from rava and urad dal known as white dhokla, but here is something different type of dhokla which is not only easy to make but is full of fiber which is made from chilkewali moong dal, it contains not only fiber but it is healthy, nutritious and contains vitamin B complex and easy to digest too.
Add your private note
High Fibre Dhokla recipe - How to make High Fibre Dhokla
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Wash and soak the moong dal for 4-5 hours, grind in a mixer using very little water to make little thick batter like dhokla.
- In a mixing bowl combine together the prepared batter, semolina, wheat bran, curd and mix well.
- Add salt, asafoetida, ginger-green chilli paste, water and fruit salt, mix well.
- Grease the thali with oil, pour prepared batter to make little thick layer, level up.
- Steam in a steamer for 10-12 minutes
- Cool little, cut into pieces and serve with methia masala.
- Repeat the above procedure for making more dhoklas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 15 Aug 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.