Herbed Rice with Mushrooms
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 138 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12478 times
Herbed rice, with the enticing aroma of butter, parsley and spring onions, is teamed up with a creamy, saucy mushroom topping, to make a memorable treat that you will relish to the core.
The generous use of milk, thickened with corn flour, gives the mushroom topping its creaminess while a dash of celery and oregano enhance its flavour, giving it a rich aroma that complements the rice well, further accentuating its herby notes.
Serve the Herbed Rice with Mushrooms immediately on preparation, with a garnish of grated cheese that adds to its pleasing gooeyness.
An exciting One Dish Meals for mushroom lovers.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, milk, salt and parsley, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chillies and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, oregano, ½ cup of water and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving re-heat the rice and the mushroom topping.
- Spread the rice in a serving bowl and spread it evenly with a back of a spoon.
- Top it with the mushroom topping and spread it evenly.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese and a sprig of parsley.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.