Herbal Lentil Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26373 times
A satiating combination of moong dal and potatoes is perked up with onions and dill leaves to make a comforting soup. While sautéed onions give this soup its crunchy mouth-feel, butter gives it a rich flavour. However, take care to serve the Herbal Lentil Soup immediately on preparation as both potatoes and dal tend to thicken over time. Moreover, the aroma of dill is just unbeatable when fresh.
- Combine the moong dal, onions and potatoes along with 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the moong dal mixture, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dill leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.