Hearty Cutlets ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35854 times
The beetroot gives this heart-shaped cutlet a nice pink colour making it very attractive to the eye. Filled with an assortment of vegetables, these cutlets are a tasty, nutritious snack. They make an ideal snack-box item too.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, french beans, cabbage, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chilli paste and salt and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring twice and between.
- Sprinkle the cornflour on the vegetables, mix well and cook again for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the beetroot and mix well.
- Mash the vegetables using the back of a spoon and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions, shape each portion into a 67 mm. (2½”) in diameter, using a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Dip the cutlets into the flour mixture and roll in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from both the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep-fry till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per cutlet
|Vitamin A||166.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.