Healthy spinach soup
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 14436 times
1) this is a complete meal rich in protein and iron for babies (> 6 months) & toddlers.
2) try to introduce salt, and almonds to your baby after consulting his doctor.
- Wash and soak almonds in hot water. after five minutes remove its brown peel and grind to smooth paste using little water.
- Blanch spinach leaves (put leaves in boiling water for 1 minute, remove and wash under tap water)
- Grind the blanched leaves in 1 cup stock / water to form a smooth paste.
- Heat kadai, add butter, add wheat flour in melted butter and stir for few minutes till it turns light brown in color.
- Add spinach paste and stir continuously till smooth and of soup consitency.
- Add almond paste, keep stirring, add salt & pepper powder if desired.
- Remove in a bowl, add grated cheese slice that will melt in hot soup.
- Serve warm to your toddler.
This recipe was contributed by rushilpa on 29 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.