Healthy moong delight
by Foodie #255862
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1542 times
Pressure cook the dal on medium-high. do not pressure cook it more than 1 whistle or add too much water else, the dal will become like a soup.
moong dal is easy to cook as well as easy to digest.
- Soak the moong dal overnight or atleast for 5 hrs.
- Drain the moong dal.
- Take a pressure cooker, add 1 tsp oil.
- When the oil is hot, add hing, jeera (seeds should crackle), corriander & the red chilli powder.
- Add the vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the moong dal and mix the masala and vegetables.
- Add the lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Add as little water as possible, just enough to pressure cook the dal upto 1 whistle.
- Wait till the steam from the pressure cooker has escaped, open and serve the moong delight.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #255862 on 10 Feb 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.