Healthy carrot coriander soup
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2453 times
This soup is very healthy and quick. it doesnt require any thickening agent like maida or cornflour. potato itself acts as a thickening agent.
Add your private note
Healthy carrot coriander soup recipe - How to make Healthy carrot coriander soup
Cooking Time: Total Time:
CARROTS 2 NO (CUT INTO PIECES)
TOMATO(MEDIUM) 2-3 NOS (CHOPPED)
POTATO (BIG) 1 NO (CHOPPED INTO CUBES)
ONION(MEDIUM) 1 NO (SLICED ROUGHLY)
BUTTER 1 TSP
CORIENDER LEAVES CHOPPED 1 TBSP
BAY LEAF 1 NO salt to taste
SUGAR 1 PINCH
BLACK PEPPER FOR SEASONING
- 1. heat butter in a pressure cooker. add the bay leaf and sliced onions and saute for few seconds. we need not make them pink.
- 2. add chopped tomatoes, carrots and potato. cook them for a while. add chopped coriander leaves and half glass of water. cover it with the lid and let it cook for 2 whistles.
- 3. cool the content and grind the same.
- 4. strain it, add a pinch of sugar and salt to taste. add water for the desired consistency.
- 5. give it a boil. add pepper for the seasoning. serve hot garnished with coriander leaves, accompanied with bread courtons and bread sticks.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#418246 on 18 Jul 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.