Healthy Vegetable Burger
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12082 times
Vegetable burger is a healthy and delicious vegetarian burger recipe. Grated paneer and mashed boiled potatoes are made into a tikki( patties or cutlet) and roasted or shallow fried. The vegetable tikki or patty is then placed between the burger buns. An excellent snack and packed lunch, Tiffin option for children.
Add your private note
Healthy Vegetable Burger recipe - How to make Healthy Vegetable Burger
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 servings
- Heat oven to 400°f.
- Wash and bake sweet potato until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Peel,mash and set aside.
- Meanwhile, rinse bajra. Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil; add bajra and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook on medium low heater until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add to mashed sweet potato; mix to combine.
- Put carrot in a food processor and chop finely. Transfer to a small bowl. Add finely chopped onions.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and carrots; cook until onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add to bajra mixture; stir to combine.
- Mash peas and chickpeas and add to bajra mixture.
- Add powdered coriander, cumin, fennel, lemon juice ,chopped coriander , remaining salt, and pepper. Mix well, and form into patties.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add patties, and cook until golden brown per side.
- Serve immediately on toasted buns lined with cabbage leaves.
This recipe was contributed by mukvij on 25 Aug 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.