Healthy Vegan Beetroot Tikki Chat
by Foodie #640849
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2515 times
Better than Aloo Tikki Chat
Add your private note
Healthy Vegan Beetroot Tikki Chat recipe - How to make Healthy Vegan Beetroot Tikki Chat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 to 2 servings
- Boil the beets in plenty of water till soft but not mushy.
- Boil or pressure cook the moong with tomatoes and the bay leaf.
- Grate the boiled beets and bind it together with the soaked poha.
- Use rice flour to dry up the above mixture a bit (add enough till you can roll it up and flatten it into a patty. )
- Heat a tava with some oil and place the patties on it.
- Turn the flame really low and let the patties slow cook(they are already cooked for the most part so be careful not to burn them). Leave them on the tava till they get a nice crust.
- Heat oil in a pan to cook the chole.
- Add pressed or minced garlic (don't let it burn!)
- Add chopped onion.
- Cook onion and garlic till soft on a slow or medium flame.
- Add the masalas, salt and chile powder and sauté till they release an aroma.
- Add the cooked moong and let the mixture boil for a while.
- Place your cooked patties in a bowl and spoon hot chole over them.
- Dress it up with some tamarind and mint chutney. (I omitted the sev that's added in the traditional dish to keep it healthy but you can add it if you want).
- This dish tastes great! even better than the aloo tikki. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #640849 on 07 Dec 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.