Healthy Tomato Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 216 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50932 times
The ever popular tomato soup made healthier with the addition of moong dal. Tomatoes are rich in folic acid, vitamin C and moong dal provides protein. Moong dal also cuts down the sharpness of tomatoes and gives this soup a velvety texture. Just pour it into your favourite mug and sip away.....
- Pressure cook the tomatoes with the moong dal in 3 to 4 cups of water till the dal is cooked.
- Cool and blend in a liquidiser. Keep aside.
- Melt the butter, add the onion, sauté for 3 to 4 minutes and add the puréed mixture.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water and pour into the soup. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with cream and bread croutons.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.