Healthy Tomato Soup ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 418 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80496 times
Creamy but not sinful, the Healthy Tomato Soup is a perfect low-cal option for those who love creamy tomato soup. Here, the creamy texture is attained using moong dal and low-fat milk. With just 1 tsp of low-fat butter for six servings, this recipe is perfect for weight watchers. Despite being ‘slim’, it is loaded with nutrients, especially vitamin A from the tomatoes and protein from the dal.
- Combine 4 cups of water along with tomatoes and moong dal in a deep non-stick kadhai and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture. Do not strain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the tomato mixture, sugar, low-fat milk, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with toasted whole wheat bread croutons.
- To make toasted whole wheat bread croutons, toast the whole wheat bread and then cut into 1cm×1cm (10mm. ×10mm. ) cubes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.