Healthy Tofu Stew
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3584 times
A simple and subtly spiced Healthy tofu stew has tofu and veggies as ingredients,. A protein rich stew recipe, the tofu stew is tasty, quick and an excellent meal side dish with breads of choice.
- Pressure cooker cracked wheat with 1/2 cup water till cooked and for tomatoes till you are able to peel off the skin.
- Make puree out of the boiled/steam tomatoes and keep these aside.
- In a deep pot,sauté 8 whole gloves of garlic and 1 teaspoon of ginger till golden brown.
- Add the chopped vegetables starting which carrot and french beans which takes longer to cook and gradually add other vegetables.
- Also add moong dal sprouts ( if available)
- Now add boiled cracked wheat( together with the 1/2 cup water that used to boil it) followed by 2 cups of water and tomato puree that was prepared earlier.
- Make sure these vegetables are lightly cooked before adding any liquid.
- Now add your preferred vegetable/chicken stock cube as well as salt,pepper and tomato ketchup and let this simmer under slow fire for 30 minutes or until these vegetables are almost cooked.every 5-10 minutes,keep stirring the stew.
- When the stew is almost done,add the tofu cubes and for another 5- 10 minutes under slow fire.
- Garnish with finely chopped spinach.the spinach will easily cook in seconds in the hot stew.
This recipe was contributed by varsha_bachulal on 01 Feb 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.