Healthy Sweet Potato Vada Pau
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16819 times
Traditional vada pav dish prepared with sweet potato full of nutrition and health. A twist to the classic batata vada.
- Peel the skin off the sweet potato and boil it in pressure cooker/microwave till soft.
- Mash the potato mixture (after draining the excess water )and add 1/2 cup chopped spinach/methi leaves and ingredients in
- Make sure all are mix together well.
- Prepare medium consistency besan batter using water and salt.
- Add another 1/2 cup spinach/methi leaves to this batter.
- Make big balls of the sweet potato mixture and dip it in prepared batter to deep fry it.
- Once fried,let the vada cool down.[it can be eaten by itself with chutney/tomato ketchup]
- Get fresh pau and butter it both sides to be toasted on tava.
- Optionally add slice cheese to hot pau so it gets melted.
- Add the prepared vada in between your pau with your favourite chutney/ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by varsha_bachulal on 01 Feb 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.