Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2136 times
This is a very rich and healthy soup and one should try it at least twice a week.
this soup has lots of fibers in it since we are not straining it.it has vitamin a,c from the carrots and tomatoes and also iron from the beets.
- Take the tomatoes and put small slits on the skin of the tomatoes and add them to a pot containing 750ml of boiling water.
- Also add the carrots and the beet with its skin peeled off to the same water.
- Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water after 2-3 minutes or when you see their skin coming off.let them cool down for some time.
- Let the corrots and the beet cook for 10 minutes.you can also cut the carrots and the beet into small pieces so they cook quickly.
- Now remove them from the hot water to cool down.
- When the tomatoes are cooled down remove their skin and cut them into halves.then remove the seeds out of them by squeezing them gently.
- Now put all of them in a mixer or a blender and add the remaining water that was used for boiling them. make a fine puree of it.add water to make it thin.
- Now take a saucepan and pour the mixture from the blender to it.
- Add salt ,sugar, cumin , chilli powder to the soup and let it simmer for 4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Mrs.Anjali on 12 Feb 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.