Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6154 times
A perfect snack or breakfast choice for growing children, the Healthy pizza is a much healthier version of pizzas than the maida based pizza bases. The wheat rotis are used as the pizza base which are topped with veggies, grated cheese and then baked till the cheese melts. Enjoy hot with ketchup or chopped parsley as garnish.
Add your private note
Healthy Pizza recipe - How to make Healthy Pizza
Preparation Time: NG Cooking Time: NG Total Time:
- Enrich whole meal flour,wheat bran,soya flour.
- Dissolve sugar,salt in water.dissolve separately yeast in a warm water.
- Add 2 sols.to the flour mix.
- Add 1 tblsp of olive oil with water to make a soft dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth with little oil & keep aside for abt 45min.to ferment.
- Apply a little oil & knead the dough to remove excess air & keep covered again for ½ hr.
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- For the sauce,peel,wash & chop onions,garlic.blanchtomatoes in 4 cups of hot water for 5 min.
- Drain,peel,halve,deseed & chop.wash,dry oregano leaves & basil leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion,chopped garlic,tomato concasse & sauté.
- Add tomato puree,salt & freshly ground pepper & stir.
- Add fresh basil torn with hands.
- Add fresh oregano & simmer for 5 min.add dried oregano mix & take off the heat.
- For topping,peel,wash,cut onion into roundels.boil corn niblets.
- Soak sundried tomatoes in one cup of water for 15 min.drain & chop.
- Cut paneer into small cubes.
- Wash,deseed & cut capsicum,yellow-n-red pepper into roundels.
- Dust the tabletop with a little flour.
- Roll out a portion of dough on the tabletop to form a thin roundel of approx 8 inch diameter.
- Grease a baking tray & place the pizza base on it.
- Prick with fork.
- Spread a portion of the pizza sauce over it.
- Place onion roundels,corn niblets,sun-dried tomatoes,paneer cubes,grated mozzarella cheese.
- Add the toppings
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200c for 15-20 min.
- Cut into slices & serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.