Healthy Low Cal Khandvi
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4873 times
Goa head and binge on this low cal khandvi without any guilt pangs. The besan and curd based steamed khandvis are delectably tempered with grated coconut, mustard seeds and curry leaves and make for a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack item.
- Grease the back of a few thalis or any smooth surface and keep aside.
- Combine the besan, ginger- green chilli paste, salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the curds and whisk well so as no lumps remain.
- Transfer in a non-stick pan and cook this mixture for a few minutes until all the water has been absorbed and a soft dough like consistency has been obtained.
- Spread the mixture on the greased thali as thin as possible.
- Cool and cut them into wide strips of about 1" or 2" thick and roll them like swiss rolls. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard and sesame seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the remaining ingredients and saute for 10 seconds.
- Pour onto the khandvi and garnish with coriander and coconut. Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by radhikamails on 03 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.