Healthy Carrot Rice
This recipe has been viewed 803 times
Grated carrot mixed with peanut and spices makes a healthy lunch box recipe.
Add your private note
Healthy Carrot Rice recipe - How to make Healthy Carrot Rice
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan
- When the oil is hot, temper with mustard seeds followed by urad dal, chana dal and curry leaves.
- Add in the peanuts and roast it.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté it till the onion turns pink in color.
- Add in the grated carrot and mix well.
- Add sambhar powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix everything well.
- Cover the pan and cook till the carrots are cooked.
- To the above mixture, add in the cooked rice and mix gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
This recipe was contributed by MSangeetha on 25 Apr 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.