Healthy Apple Crumble, Indian Style Eggless Apple Crumble
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78074 times
healthy apple crumble recipe | Indian style eggless apple crumble | easy oats apple crumble | no sugar apple crumble |
This heart-friendly, high-fibre healthy apple crumble version features stewed apples baked with a topping of high-fibre muesli, loaded with oats and nuts. Walnuts, though a bit fatty, do more good than harm as they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which keep the arteries healthy and elastic, strengthening the heart as well. Our Indian style eggless apple crumble recipe is popular as it uses very little brown sugar and is sweetened with apples.
If you want to make no sugar apple crumble recipe then just drop the small amount of brown sugar from this recipe and enjoy the natural sweetness of apples instead.
healthy dessert is a healthier sweet treat which can be enjoyed by those with heart disease. Learn how to make easy oats apple crumble.
To make healthy apple crumble, combine ½ cup of water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and lemon juice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till the brown sugar dissolves completely. Add the apples, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the apples turn soft and discard cinnamon. Combine all ingredients of muesli and roast for 2 minutes. Lightly grease a baking dish, spread the stewed apples followed by muesli and bake in an oven for 10 minutes.
Healthy apple crumble.... that’s a delicacy our hearts would crumble at the sight of. The fruity aroma of stewed apples together with the intense aroma of cinnamon makes one feel giddy with delight.
Enjoy healthy apple crumble recipe | Indian style eggless apple crumble recipe | easy oats apple crumble | no sugar apple crumble | healthy dessert in small quantities occasionally.
- Combine ½ cup of water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and lemon juice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till the brown sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the apples, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the apples turn soft.
- Discard the cinnamon and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and lightly roast them on a slow flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Grease a baking dish lightly using low-fat butter.
- Spread the stewed apples at the base of a baking dish and spread the muesli evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the muesli turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve immediately.
Apple Crumble (Healthy Heart, High Fibre) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.