This recipe has been viewed 3915 times
Health peda is a sweet dish preparation, especially for diabetics and weight loss seekers. The peda is prepared by mixing flour with milk and sugar substitute sachets. The tasty health pedas are relished garnished with chopped pistachios.
- keep 4 teaspoons of milk aside and boil the remaining milk in a heavy bottomed pan, stirring throughout, until it reduces to half.
- warm the saffron in a small vessel, add 4 teaspoons of milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. add to the boiling milk.
- mix the citric acid in 3 teaspoons of water. add this mixture very gradually to the boiling milk until it curdles slightly. this may require anything from half to the entire quantity of the citric acid mixture.
- mix the cornflour in the balance 4 teaspoons of milk and add to the boiling mixture.
- continue stirring till the mixture becomes thick and resembles khoya. add the cardamom powder and mix well. allow to cool. add the sugar substitute and mix well.
- Shape into 7 small balls and serve, garnished saffron or pistachio.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.