Havmor Style Chhole
by Swapnil Thakkar
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56196 times
All Gujarati people are fond of havmor restaurants Chhole puri! I am going to describe almost the same recipe as theirs, please enjoy cooking and leave me feedback.
- Soak 1 cup chick peas in warm water over night and next day, pressure cook it in enough water, salt and little baking soda for 5 whistles.
- Take a tablespoon of oil, heat it, add cumin seeds, clove, cinnamon, cardamom, garlic cloves, a small piece of ginger and saute well until they smell nice.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes till the tomatoes are nice n soft.
- Add a tsp of besan, mix well, add little water if required.
- Take this mixture in a blender and blend into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Take 2 tbsp oil/ghee in a separate pan and heat it.
- Add dry red chillies, bay leaf, pinch of asafoetida and add finely chopped onions.
- Mix it well, add pinch of salt and saute it well until onion turns very soft and brown.
- Add our masala paste into this and combine well.
- Add little water, salt to taste, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1-2 teaspoon red chilly powder, pinch of turmeric and mix well
- Add a cup of water, and simmer for about 5 min.
- Add our boiled chhole, one tbsp dry mango powder, 1 tsp garam masala, add water if needed, mix well and simmer on a slow flame for more 5-10 minutes covered with a lid.
- Switch off the flame and add handful of coriander leaves and 2 tablespoon of dalda ghee and mix it well (this dalda ghee is the secret of havmor style chhole puri)
- Serve hot garnishing with coriander leaves. Keep onion slice, a lemon wedge, mango pickles and fried green chillies as side (sprinkle pinch of salt on fried green chilly)
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Swapnil Thakkar on 05 Apr 2019
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.