Hash Brown Recipe, Easy Kids Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6233 times
Potato has a magical flavour – it is mild, nothing distinctive about it, yet everybody loves it! The Hash Brown capitalises on the popularity of potatoes.
Using minimal ingredients, the Hash Brown is made by shallow-frying discs of parboiled, grated potatoes seasoned with pepper. The Hash Brown is easy to make but has a wonderful flavour and texture, which is soft inside but crisp outside.
It is an all-time favourite with kids, and tastes great with tomato ketchup.
When making this recipe make sure the potatoes are just parboiled and not overcooked. Otherwise when you grate them you will end up with mashed potatoes rather than grated ones.
You can also try other kids’ recipes like Oats Bhel or Fudge Fingers .
- Thickly grate the parboiled potatoes directly in a deep bowl.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix very gently using a fork.
- Shape each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter oval shape. You will get 6 portions.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, put 3 portions on it and cook on a slow flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 4 to cook 3 more hash browns.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per hash brown
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.