Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7243 times
The hariyali tikki is a popular and healthy tikki or cutlet recipe with chopped greens mixed with mashed boiled potatoes, corn and spices as fillings. Garnish the hariyali or green tikkis with imli chutney,curd, coriander chutney,chaat masala, etc and the lip smacking hariyali tikki would be ready to eat.
- Combine the potatoes, fenugreek leaves, green chillies and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2") diameter circle.
- Place one cube of the cheese in the centre of each circle. Bring the sides together in the center so as to seal the cheese stuffing inside the potato circle.
- Roll the tikki between the palms of your hands taking care that no cracks on the surface and press firmly on top to make flat tikkis.
- Repeat the procedure and make 9 more tikkis.
- Shallow fry on both sides in hot oil on a griddle (tava) until golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with chole and sliced onions.
This recipe was contributed by sjuthani on 19 Sep 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.