Hariyali Soya Dhingri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47020 times
Hariyali… obviously it's the spinach purée that's the key ingredient here! it's the spinach purée that gives the colour and flavour to other ingredients like soya chunks, tofu etc. In this recipe. A rather long list of ingredients goes into this recipe, but it's completely worth the effort! the mushroom tastes very good in the gravy; however, you can replace it with any other vegetable of your choice too… perhaps cauliflower or potatoes. Do not overcook this gravy as the bright green colour will be lost and with it, the visual appeal as well!
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai, add the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, clove, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté till the onion paste turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the tomato purée, fennel seeds powder, cardamom powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook for 5 to 7 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the curds, soya milk and spinach purée, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minute.
- Add the soya chunks and mushrooms, mix well and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with tofu, tomatoes and coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.