Hariyali Roti ( Rotis and Subzis)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Hariyali Roti ( Rotis and Subzis) in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Hariyali Roti ( Rotis and Subzis) in Gujarati)
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11428 times
The hariyali roti is so flavourful and aromatic that you cannot say, “no,” even if your tummy is full. The unique combination of flours and milk in this dough gives it a wonderful texture, while the greens make the roti not just vibrant but toothsome too.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough lukewarm water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 125 mm. (5”) diameter using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Roll out into a cigar shape, make a small round like a coil and press lightly by hand.
- Roll out again into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 7 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.