by NEENA SAVLA
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 4619 times
Hariyali Munchies are full of goodness. They can be packed in tiffin without any chutney as the munchies are packed with an array of flavours. Beside it is easy for children to eat,they can just pick and eat.
There will be a repeated demand of `Hariyali Munchies` from the children.
- Soak the broken wheat over night. Add salt and micro high for 30-60 seconds or until cooked. Drain the water if any and allow to cool.
- Mix idli batter, spinach puree, ginger-green chilli paste, peanuts ,broken wheat, freshly scraped coconut, sambhar powder, turmeric powder, tamrind pulp, sugar, oil and salt and mix well.
- Add fruit salt and mix quickly. Pour a spoonful of the mixture in greased idli moulds, sprinkle cashewnut and sesame seeds on top and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Brush oil on each hariyali munchies, so they don’t dry after cooling.
- Wrap the munhies in aluminium foil and pack in the tiffin box. Can also pack coconut chutney (can be prepared earlier and stored in fridge) or tomato ketchup if desired in a seperate tiffin box.
- Add 1/4 cup boiled beet root puree or 1/2 boiled carrot puree, instead of palak puree.
- Add boiled moong dal, rajma instead of broken wheat.
- Add finely chopped carrots, capsicum, or any veggies of your choice to the batter.
This recipe was contributed by NEENA SAVLA on 03 Sep 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.