Hariyali Makai Stuffed Padwal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35546 times
The timid padwal is hardly given a thought when planning special menus. But with a stuffing of corn and fresh fenugreek, they are sure to leave your guests asking for more!
- Peel and cut the padwals into 75 mm. (3") long pieces. Slit and carefully deseed them.
- Parboil the padwal pieces in salted hot water. Keep aside.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients and stuff the padvals. Secure with toothpicks and cook in a pan using oil till light golden and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and add the bay leave, cloves, peppercorns and cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle, add the besan and roast it on a low flame till the colour changes.
- Add tomato purée, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and cook till the oil separates. Add 1 cup water, cashewnut paste and salt and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Add the padwals and left over stuffing, if any, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream, crushed dried fenugreek leaves, coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds and cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||578.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.6 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.