Hariyali Dal ( Microwave)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 203 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26580 times
A sumptuous preparation of masoor dal and mixed greens, the Hariyali Dal is a superb accompaniment for rice as well as Indian breads.
It has a distinct flavour due to the combination of coriander and fenugreek, perked up with an assortment of spice powders and tangy tomatoes.
It is amazing how the mild bitterness of fenugreek leaves happens to be very favourable to this recipe. Moreover, you will love the fact that it can be made easily using the Microwave oven!
- Wash the dal and soak in warm water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the dal and 1½ cups of water in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 10 minutes, while stirring twice in between after every 3 minutes.
- Add more ½ cup of water, mix well and cover it with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl, combine the ghee, onions, garlic, green chillies, ginger and cumin seeds, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked dal, and all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cover it with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high for 8 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||760.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||27.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.