Hariyali Corn Stuffed Panki
by MEENA SAVLA
This recipe has been viewed 2126 times
Hariyali Corn Stuffed Panki is a different version of traditional plain `Panki`. An healthy snack which can be served as a breakfast or as a meal along with a bowl of soup. It can be equally enjoyed with tea or coffee.
- Combine all ingredients for the batter in a bowl, add enough water and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava, grease it with a little oil.
- Spread some batter on to a greased side of the banana leaf and spread it evenly to make a thin layer.Place it on the hot tava, sprinkle a little stuffing on it, cover with another banana leaf (oily side down) and cook till light brown spots appear on the the bottom banana leaf, flip the panki and c
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 19 more pankis and serve hot in the leaves with oil and methia (gujarati pickle) masala or green coriander-coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.
- For a different flavour you can use Turmeric Leaves or Corn Cob Leaves instead of Banana Leaves.
- You can make a half moon shaped panki by spreading the batter on one half of the greased side of a round banana leaf, spread the filling on it and fold the other side over the batter.
This recipe was contributed by MEENA SAVLA on 24 Oct 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.