Hare Matar ka Shorba
by nili's cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6823 times
This is a gravy dish .It is easy to cook and has a lovely flavour of peas and spring onions.
Ideal recipe for the upcoming winter season.
- Heat 3 tbs of mustard oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds, cardamoms ,bay leaves and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, spring onions and cover and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder, dill leaves and cook the masalas till the oil leaves the pan.
- Add the crushed green peas to the pan and saute till the oil comes to the surface.
- Add the remaining whole green peas, salt and garam masala to the pan and saute it till everything gets mixed
- Add 3 cups of water to make the gravy.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with steamed rice or tawa roti.
This recipe was contributed by nili's cookbook on 06 Sep 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.