Hare Lehsun ki Dal ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19286 times
A must-try recipe whenever you can lay your hands on green garlic! The Hare Lehsun ki Dal is mild-spiced and super tasty despite not being loaded with ghee. A quick tempering, along with onions and green garlic, gives the dal a homely and satisfying taste and consistency, which you will thoroughly enjoy. This dal is apt for weight-watchers, especially after pregnancy, as it is loaded with protein, iron and folic acid.
You can also try other healthy dal recipes like Urad Dal with Spinach, Palak Masoor Dal, and Chawli Rajma and Chickpea Healthy Salad.
- Clean, wash and soak the toovar dal in enough water in a big bowl for 15 minutes. Drain well and keep aside.
- Combine the turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till the dal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mix lightly using a whisk and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, ginger-green chilli paste and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and green garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cooked dal and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 142 calories|
|Protein|| 8.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 22.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.9 gm|
|Fiber|| 3.6 gm|
|Iron|| 1.1 mg|
|Folic acid|| 40.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.