Hare Chana and Cauliflower Baked Dish
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12648 times
Hara chana and cauliflower, both ingredients that feature frequently in Indian cooking, come together in an innovative new form. Layers of sautéed cauliflower, hara chana and white sauce are topped with cheese and baked till the cheese melts and the flavours emerge strong. Hare Chana and Cauliflower Baked Dish is a yummy accompaniment for freshly toasted bread.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the cauliflower, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in the same non-stick pan, add the chana, green chillies, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Take an oven safe deep bowl, put the cauliflower mixture, pour 1 cup white sauce evenly over it.
- Put the hara chana mixture and the remaining ½ cup of the white sauce evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle the cheese over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a bread of your choice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||393.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||11 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.