by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28527 times
The chana used in this harabhara chaat is not available throught the year but when in season make sure to make this delicious chatpatta chaat recipe which is tangy and spicy.
- Wash the harbhara chana, add the soda bi- carb and boil them in enough water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, drain the water and add cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the asafetida, harbhara chana and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, black salt, chillies, coriander, chilli powder and mix well and cook on a medium flame for more 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.