Hara Tava Paneer ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 348 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 177484 times
Step-by-step, this recipe will trigger all your good senses… because, not only is the paneer marinated in tangy green chutney, it is also layered with a spicy corn mixture.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the curds, and blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the curds and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut each piece of paneer into half to get 40 pieces of 25 mm. (1”) x 12 mm. (½”)
- Combine the paneer pieces and 5 tbsp of the hara chutney in a bowl, toss gently and keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the corn, sugar, salt and the remaining 2 tbsp of the hara chutney and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the coriander and milk and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat 1½ tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on high flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the corn mixture and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cool slightly.
- Divide the filling into 20 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a piece of paneer on a dry flat surface and spread a portion of the filling evenly over it.
- Sandwich it using another piece of paneer and press gently.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 19 more stuffed paneer pieces.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the stuffed paneer pieces, using the remaining 1½ tsp of oil till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.