Hara Tava Burger ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19093 times
There are many exciting aspects to the hara tava burger! most notably, there is the unique cutlet made up of green chana and spinach, which explains the name of this burger! then, there is a zesty side that adults will love, all thanks to the spicy mayonnaise and the cheesy, herby potato wedges. I would like to draw your attention to the bread slices used in this recipe and in many others… they play a very important role, acting as a binding agent and also ensuring that the cutlet is soft.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions, green chillies and
- Garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the cooked hara chana, chilli powder, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the bread slices and 2 tbsp water and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cutlet in the maida mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Place the lower half of a bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing up.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf and apply 2 tbsp of the spicy mayonnaise spread evenly over it.
- Place a cutlet, 1 cheese slice, 3 cucumber slices, 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve immediately with spicy cheese and herb potato wedges.
Nutrient values per burger
|Vitamin A||6822 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||2.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin B3||14.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||55.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||151 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.