Hara Bhara Khumbh
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 277 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26138 times
Vibrant spinach and chewy mushrooms form a tasty and healthy team! Spinach cooked with perky ginger, green chillies and pungent garlic forms the tingly tangy base for this preparation to which fresh mushrooms are added at the end. This is a nutritious low-cal recipe that helps balance cholesterol levels too.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mushrooms and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ½ tsp of oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared spinach purée and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.