Hara Bhara Kebab ( Tiffin Treats for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 314 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 83280 times
Hara bhara kebab, a green delight loaded with nutrients from paneer, spinach, chana dal and green peas. Pack this all time favourite snack with green chutney or tomato ketchup and await an empty tiffin back home.
- Clean, wash and soak the chana dal for 1 hour.
- Drain, add the ginger, garlic, green chillies and ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or until the dal is cooked. Drain out and discard any excess water.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the spinach, green peas and cooked dal mixture and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Add the paneer, chaat masala, garam masala, 1/4 cup bread crumbs and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat kebabs. Shaped kebab.
- Dip each kebab into the prepared flour- water paste and roll in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry them till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
- You can also cook the kebabs on a greased tava (griddle) by following the same procedure till step 5 and cook until golden brown in colour from both the sides.
Hara Bhara Kebab (Vegetarian Kebab Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per kebab
|Vitamin A||60.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.