Hara Bhara Kebab ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 245 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 260211 times
One of the most loved kebabs in Indian restaurants around the world, the Hara Bhara Kebab is interestingly made with the humble spinach! Bound together by mashed chana dal, green peas and paneer, and flavoured with readily available spice powders and other ingredients like ginger and green chillies, this spinach-based kebab has the power to captivate young and old alike, thanks to its sumptuous texture and lingering flavour.
- Clean, wash and soak the chana dal for 1 hour and drain.
- In a pressure cooker add the chana dal, garlic, ginger, green chilies and ½ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain.
- Add the chana dal, green peas, spinach and blend in a blender till smooth using ½ tbsp water if needed.
- Transfer into a bowl and add the paneer, salt, garam masala, chaat masala and ¼ cup bread crumbs, mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat kebabs.
- Dip each kebab into the prepared flour- water paste and roll in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry them till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
- You can also cook the kebabs on a greased tava (griddle) by following the same procedure till step 6 and cook until golden brown in colour from both the sides.
Nutrient values per kebab
|Vitamin A||1650.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||40.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.