Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35540 times
The traditional way of preparing the halwa puri with this easy and delicious recipe. The fried Indian puffed beads or puris are served with sweet halwa oozing with ghee and topped with chopped nuts. Though not a low cal breakfast option, halwa puri combo should feature in your diet to simply celebrate the traditional flavours of Indian cooking.
- Make the dough by mixing wheat flour and water.
- Knead the dough by mixing little bit oil and see that the must be soft.
- Keep this aside for 1/2 an hour.
- Boil 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar bring to boil and add soji by continuous stirring and allow the halwa to cook for about 5 min.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- Make small lumps of halwa out of this and keep aside.
- Take thedough and make small lumps and press with the palms into the thin small puri and stuff the halwa into the puree and cover the halwa with dough and take out the remaining dough.
- Press this into a puri with the palm on thick plastic paper or on foil and deep fry into the oil till it turns golden color and crispy
This recipe was contributed by paulachand on 07 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.