Haldi ki Sabzi
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64625 times
Haldi ki Sabzi ia a traditional Rajasthani sabzi very popular when fresh turmeric is in season. Serve it hot with roti or rice.
While peeling the turmeric hands tend to get yellow, use gloves or a plastic bag while peeling and grating the turmeric.
- Combine chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and curds in a deep bowl and whip it. See that no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat some ghee in a non-pan, add the the cauliflower and saute until it is soft, remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add the green peas and saute for another 3-4 minuttes. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add more ghee when it is hot add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add red and green chillies fry for a minute.
- Add the turmeric and saute until it becomes golden or dark in colour, while stirring continuously. (if not properly fried it will give bitter taste).
- Now add the curd mixture and ginger and cook till the ghee separates,while stirring continuously.
- Add some water and then add cooked cauliflower and green peas and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#390603 on 02 Nov 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.