Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4175 times
Here is an easy and delicious Gur Zarda recipe which makes for a lovely sweet dish prepared from gur or jaggery. Find many traditional dessert recipe at tarladalal.com
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes.
- Boil the, carom seeds(ajwain), sonf and jaggery in 2 1/2 cup of water(the amount of water normally needed to boil a cup of rice).
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil or ghee and add cashew nuts, raisis and coconut and stirfry for 1/2 a minute.
- Now drain the water from rice and add to the oil in the same pan and fry for about one minute.
- Add boiled jaggery water to the rice and peel off the cardamoms and add to it.
- Add sugar and coconut milk to it and let it boil moving inbetween with the spatula.
- When the rice are half cooked then cover the pan with the lid.
- Let the rice be completely cooked on low flame.
- Add a bit of water if required.
- Serve it hot with one spoon ghee on it or with 1/2 cup warm milk on two spatula''''s of zarda.
This recipe was contributed by Arhant on 28 Apr 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.