Gunda Nu Athanu
by Kruti Thakkar
This recipe has been viewed 20496 times
Traditional Indian Pickle.
- Heat the mustard oil and keep aside to cool.
- Take gunda and remove all the seeds then add 2 tbsp salt, 2 tbsp split mustard seeds and 2 tbsp oil.
- Now let it ferment for 5 days and keep on mixing once every day.
- Remove all the water from it, put it on a dry cloth and keep it in sunlight for 1 hour.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tbsp split mustard seeds.
- Add 4 tbsp split mustard seeds, chilli powder, salt, fennel seeds, 1 tsp asafoetida, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, grated mango and 150 gms mustard oil and add all the gunda in mixture and mix properly
- Let it rest for a day and keep it in sunlight for 5 hours with lid covered on it do not mix it till 24 hours after keeping in sunlight.
- After 24 hours add 225 gms mustard oil or till all gunda get soaked into it.
- Can be served in 12 hours or after 10 days for best result
This recipe was contributed by Kruti Thakkar on 29 Apr 2013I love cooking its my passion and also like to try new food items
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.